Refer a Job Opportunity:
- Technical support staff. - Security expert.
- Systems Engineer. - Technical staff infrastructure .
- IT communication staff. - Expert of QTCSDL .
Department in charge: Department of Communications and Computer Networks .
There are students keys 54, 55, 56, 57 study in the field. Total: 215 students.
1. Major: Communications and Computer Networks
2. Major introduction:
He has been trained at the Faculty of Information Technology at Vietnam Maritime University with the aim of training computer network engineers with the ability to research, develop and deploy network applications in many fields of life. social life. Field engineers are knowledgeable in theoretical and capable of deploying IT applications in general and especially computer networks for various types of enterprise companies.
3. Why choose this major?
The training program in Communication Engineering and Computer Networking has confirmed its quality through the following highlights:
The curriculum is built on the basis of information technology training programs of leading universities in Vietnam and in the world, updated regularly according to the development of the industry.
Subject and Curriculum:
- Detailed information about the subject, materials and textbooks is provided to students at the beginning of the course.
- The knowledge base is well-equipped
- Focus on practical skills, creative thinking and career skills.
- Promote ability to adapt to work, ability to work independently and work in groups.
- Improve English, communication skills ...
- Qualified faculty graduates from reputable universities in the country and internationally; Experienced and practical.
- Learner-centered teaching methods.
Information infrastructure system:
- Information system: computer, network, practice room, simulator are always supplemented and equipped with modern equipment to meet training needs and ensure good quality and effective scientific research.
- The companies and business partners always create conditions for students to practice, participate in the deployment of practical applications.
- Students are likely to receive employment during their studies.
- Students can go to work immediately after graduation.
- Ability to increase income and pay.
- Opportunity to attend and receive scholarships from the program of study, international exchange.
4. Employment opportunities
With a broad background and deep knowledge, after graduation students can work in various positions according to the needs of society, such as universities, research institutes, agencies, enterprises domestic and international.
After graduation, students can undertake the following tasks:
- System maintenance.
- Computer network system administration.
- Design and implementation of computer network systems.
- Design and implementation of industrial network systems.
- Deploy and operate information technology infrastructure systems in enterprises.
- Computer Research and Development Expert.
- IT consultant services.
- Lecturers, researchers.
A list of typical businesses that students practice or go to work
5. Do I fit?
To study in Communication Techniques and Computer Networks, besides self-learning ability, creative thinking ability, passion, learners need to be able to adapt, active and teamwork.
To apply for this program, applicants will choose to enroll in one or more groups: Math, Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics, Physics, English or Mathematics, Literature, English or Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology as university-college regulars of the Ministry of Education and Training.
6. Tuition & financial support
If different from the general level of the University, the Faculty / Institute / Company / Center please note specifically.
7. Training objectives
- Give students the in-depth knowledge and practical skills in communication systems and computer networks
- Student capable of exploiting, designing and deploying computer network technologies, data communication systems, multimedia communications; Research and development of online information services, distributed computing models and access to new network technologies such as NGN, mobile networks, satellite information , etc.
- Students will have relevant social skills and knowledge, able to work independently and in a team, are able to communicate in English for work, study and research.
8. Content of the program
The curriculum includes the following modules:
Open source operating system, Network Security, Telecommunication Systems , Peripheral programming, Embedded Systems, Design and Network Management, Web Design and Programming, Wireless and Mobile Communications, Open Source Application Development, Mobile Device Programming, Multimedia, Organizational and telecommunication network planning .
C Programming Techniques, Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms, Computer Graphics, Databases, Computer Architecture and Peripherals, Microprocessor Technology, Principles of Computer Systems Computer Network, Data Transfer ...
English for Communication ( TOEIC ) includes four skills: listening, reading, speaking and writing.
Other knowledge and skills:
General Law, University Learning Methods, Critical Thinking, Communication Skills, Research Methods, Gender and Development, Advanced Mathematics, Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics.
Bachelor of Engineering Communication Techniques and Computer Networks (under the national qualifications system)